Say it ain't so! The media is reporting that former Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky and her fiance Roberto Martinez have called it quits. I know what you're thinking, I couldn't believe it either ...
Somebody hold me.
Yes, it's sad, but let's look on the bright side. Not all reality TV couples are destined for failure (at least not today). For example, these 5 reality show sweethearts are still going strong:
1. Ashley Hebert & J.P. Rosenbaum Quite possibly my favorite reality TV couple of all time -- and that might be just because J.P. is my dream man. (I may or may not have spent two hours last night watching YouTube videos of them together.) These two got engaged on the seventh season of The Bachelorette and are currently living together in New York City. I swear I'm not jealous. Seriously, you guys. I'm not.
2. Khloe Kardashian-Odom & Lamar Odom Despite their quickie wedding in 2009, this couple is still going strong. Even with their own reality show -- focused around their relationship -- they definitely don't look like they're headed for splitsville any time soon. (If only Nick & Jessica could've learned a thing or two. Sigh ... )
3. Trista & Ryan Sutter Ahh, the first reality couple to break the mold -- these two have been smitten since the first season of The Bachelorette and now even have kids and a *gasp* healthy marriage. Love is in the air.
4. Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick Okay, I'm smiling as I type this -- I know they don't technically belong on this list, but at the same time, they kind of do. I mean, they've managed to make their relationship work, despite their ups and downs. And any couple that can create a baby as cute as Mason is okay in my book.
5. Spencer Pratt & Heidi Montag Did you forget about them, too? Well, they still exist -- and ironically, they're still together. Even after their 15 minutes of fame fizzled out, they're not showing signs of divorce. But that's only if you don't count their publicity stunt divorce in 2010 ... which failed miserably.
I can feel the love, can't you? So, chin up -- no more tears. Just because Ali and Roberto didn't make it down the aisle doesn't mean you should lose all hope in your other guilty pleasure reality TV couples!
Are you surprised by Ali & Roberto's split? Do you expect all reality TV couples to break up eventually?
Image via newyorkinsider/Flickr
Going to baseball games
Riding bike rides in the nice weather
Playing outside after work/school
Going for walks outside