Robert Pattinson: 20 Secrets You Don't Know About Him
Whether you're a massive Twilight fan or not, there's no denying that Robert Pattinson is a handsome hunk. That Kristen Stewart is one lucky lady! Do you see those crystal blue eyes and that shaggy hair? I melt! With the latest installment of the The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 coming out in theaters this Friday (!!!) -- there's no better time to get to know the hottest, most-happenin' vampire around.
Read on for 20 secrets you didn't know about Robert Pattinson:
1. At first Twilight fans didn't want Pattinson to play Edward on the big screen (can you believe it!?). More than 75,000 people signed a petition AGAINST him taking the role because they thought he wasn't the right fit.
2. Rob's two older sisters, Victoria and Lizzie, used to dress him up as a woman named Claudia when he was 12.
3. His first kiss was also at 12.
4. Robert was completely cut out of the 2004 movie titled Vanity Fair. In it, he played the older version of Rawdon Crawley. Don't worry, though. You can catch RPattz in Vanity Fair DVD extras.
5. Our favorite vampire is actually 6'1''. I know, a lot taller than I thought, too!
6. Robert beat out 3,000 other actors for the Twilight role.
7. Robert told Seventeen magazine that he would want to possibly trade places with George Bush because he is "someone who has lots of respect."
8. Think Rob's got a nice booty? You're not alone. Rob's done butt modeling (yes, there is such a thing) and has been a butt double for "a lot of different actors."
9. Pattinson's not crazy about his name. He once told MTV, "I hate any reference to my name" and suggested the alternative nickname Spunk Ransom. Creative one, that Robby.
10. Starting when he was 10, Rob was very interested in making money. He used to deliver the paper for $20 a week.
11. Van Morrison is one of Rob's fave artists. He told Fandango.com, "He was my inspiration for doing music in the first place." Awwww, bromance.
12. Rob didn't know how to drive until recently. The hunk had one driving lesson in Oregon and then essentially taught himself the rest after buying a car in L.A.
13. Robert was once in a band called Bad Girls with his "first girlfriend's [then] current boyfriend." Ballsy, I like it.
14. Back in 2005, Rob was the first actor to read for the part Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Of course, he got the gig.
15. Bad boy! Rob was expelled from school for not doing his homework.
16. Rob's not big on using his cellphone.
17. The 25-year-old would really love to work with Jack Nicholson.
18. Rob's not much into washing his hair. He told Metromix that after six weeks, his hair starts to "wash itself."
19. Rob's a Taurus and his birthday is May 13, 1986.
20. The only thing Rob "splurges on" is DVDs.
Did any of these facts surprise you? What's your favorite thing about Robert Pattinson?
Image via Splash News