Looking for a new summer soundtrack? Good news: I've found it, courtesy of blonde bombshell and California native Colbie Caillat. The singer's newest album, All of You, came out this morning to rave reviews. I knew the second I heard her soft, soothing voice and catchy first single "I Do" that I just had to own 'em all.
The 26-year-old changes things up a bit with her track "Favorite Song," which features Common and kicks the tempo up a notch. But what I really love is how natural she is. She's so calm and down to earth. It feels like she could be my bestie!
So what do best friends do? They know everything about one another. Take a look at these 10 fun facts about Colbie Caillat before listening to her new album:
1. Colbie didn't learn how to play the guitar until she was 19 -- although she started singing at age 11.
2. Colbie's father, Ken Caillat, helped with the production and engineering of Fleetwood Mac's famous album Rumours.
3. The songstress auditioned for American Idol twice but never made it in front of the judges. She said it was her own fault.
4. Caillat's album Coco is named after one of her childhood nicknames.
5. She toured with John Mayer during the summer of 2008.
6. She takes inspiration from a bunch of different artists, ranging from Tom Petty and Adele to Katy Perry.
7. Colbie has won two Grammy awards: One for appearing on the title track to Taylor Swift's Grammy-winning Album of the Year, Fearless, and the other for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals for "Lucky," featuring Jason Mraz.
8. She loves sushi but would rather eat the standard white rice than brown.
9. She's a hip-hop fan and loves Notorious BIG, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, and Nas, among others.
10. Her boyfriend, Justin Young, is actually the guitarist in her band. They co-wrote "Like Yesterday" together, one of the 12 tracks on the new album.
Take a listen to Colbie's first single from her new album, "I Do":
Are you a Colbie Caillat fan?
Image via Mil8/Flickr