Two Kates have been causing quite a buzz lately. First, there's Kate Moss, who got married today to Jamie Hince, a guitarist in the band The Kills. (And while the ceremony may be over, the wedding party is still going strong.) Then there's Kate Middleton, who was married in April to Prince William, and who has been on a whirlwind country-hopping tour ever since. The Duchess is currently visiting Canada and next week, she'll visit the United States for the very first time.
If you've never noticed it before, the similarities between the two are astounding. It's true. If you can get past the fact that one has a reputation as an uneducated, chain-smoking coke-head with really bad teeth and the other one is a down-to-earth Duchess who was to the manor born -- they are pretty much the exact same person.
Take a look at what the two Kates have in common and you'll see what we mean.
1. They both go by Kate. Kate Middleton's given first name is Catherine and Kate Moss's given first name is Kate.
2. They both have the initials KM. Eerie isn't it?
3. They're both British. "Cocaine Kate" was born in London and "Cambridge Kate" was born in Reading.
4. They both got married in the summer of 2011. Kate Middleton had an elegant princess-style affair known as The Royal Wedding; while Kate Moss's wedding looks to be a raucous 3-day, festival-themed bash.
5. They're both Capricorns, which totally explains why they're basically twins if you're into the astrology thing. The Duchess of Cambridge was born on January 9, 1982 and Kate Moss was born on January 16, 1974.
6. They've both been cover girls. They've graced the cover of Vanity Fair and other magazines.
7. Their mothers were both working gals. The Duchess's mom was a flight attendant and Ms. Moss's mum was a barmaid.
8. They're both fashionistas. Both women are style icons who favor such designers as Stella McCartney. When either Kate wears it, the rest of the world wants it.
Do you think Kate Middleton and Kate Moss were separated at birth?