Gleeks, the countdown is on. Ryan Murphy won't give us a specific air date for the first Glee of season 3, but the folks at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences have filled the void nicely. Sue Sylvester, er, Jane Lynch is hosting the Primetime Emmy Awards in September!
And she'll be doing it in a tracksuit! OK, she was probably kidding about that (hopefully Jane?), but if we said we were looking forward to September, we'd be understating it by about a thousand degrees. So let's dive right into why we can't wait to see this Emmy winner on the other side of the ceremony, shall we?
1. She's promised to sing and dance. Although she's known best these days for being on a show that's all about, well, a GLEE club, as the cheerleading coach, we just don't get enough of Lynch doing the old razzle dazzle. But in numbers like her duet with Olivia Newton-John or her take-off on Madonna's "Vogue," on Glee, Lynch has proven she really has pipes.
2. She's going to make jokes. It's an emcee's job after all, but you know all that funny that is Sue picking on Mr. Schue? A lot of that is ad-lib from Lynch herself. Next to the singing, it's my favorite part of the show.
3. Nepotism is alive and well in Hollywood; thank goodness. With Lynch in the host's slot, they don't have to look too far for some extra acts to fill the entertainment slate for the evening now do they? Turns out the New Directions are going to get a second chance at nationals after all.
4. Ladies in the house! It's the 63rd Emmy Award show, but Jane will be only the third woman to host the show, following in the footsteps of Angela Lansbury and Ellen DeGeneres. Sad that the list is so short, but can you think of anyone better to boost the female representation?
5. We freakin' love her. Holla! Smart, gorgeous, and one of the funniest women on TV today, she's brought a whole other dimension to Glee itself. It's a well-deserved honor for her to get the hosting gig.
Are you excited to see Jane on the Emmys? Mark your calendars for September 18!
Image via Fox