When I heard Leonardo DiCaprio had split with Bar Rafaeli, I figured it was only a matter of time before he got together with Kate Winslet! Obviously, I know that's never going to happen (it would have by now if it was going to), so that was just my inner Titanic-loving teen talkin'. But I didn't see the new romance with Blake Lively coming at all. I thought Leo stuck to 20-year-old models? (Then again, I guess there really isn't much of a difference between that and a 23-year-old actress.)
Now that the rumors of their coupling have been confirmed by actual photographs of the pair frolicking around Monte Carlo this past weekend, I have to say I'm sort of warming up to the idea of these two together.
Here, five reasons they actually make a lot of sense as a couple ...
1. Their stars are sexually compatible. Blake seems to go for Scorpio men. Ex Penn Badgley (who I know we all want her to end up with, as he seems to be the Ryan Gosling to her Rachel McAdams) was born on November 1, while Leonardo was born November 11. Although Blake is technically a Virgo, I'll bet she has a lot of Leo. You get Scorps and Leos in bed together, and the chemistry is INSANE.
2. They're both Hollywood kids. As any Leo lover knows, the guy's been in showbiz since he was pint-sized. After being kicked off the set of children's television series Romper Room for being disruptive at the age of five, he got steady work in TV and movies all through his teens. And although Blake scored her first role in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as a high school junior, her parents are acting coaches, and her sister is Robyn Lively ... aka TEEN WITCH!
3. They have exes to make jealous. There could very well be some rebound relationship-ing going on here. Bar and Leo only broke up earlier this month, and Blake and Penn went "off" for the second time last fall.
4. They look hot together. Duh. Can't hurt their careers if they're even more photogenic together than apart. Double the gorgeous, double the star power.
5. She's at the top of her game. Between her acting and a deal with Chanel and various other projects, Blake's career is on fire. She's also just 23. So it's doubtful she'll be worrying about getting hitched anytime soon. Even if it is to Leonardo DiCaprio. By dating her, the 36-year-old actor buys himself even more time as an unmarried man. Win-win!
Do you like these two as a couple? Do you think they'll last?
Image via David Shankbone/Flickr