Oprah WinfreyAdmittedly, I've always turned to Oprah and The Oprah Winfrey Show when I'm in need of a good soul-cleansing "ugly cry." I can't help it. That's why I love her. And as much as some may argue that Oprah is all about herself, I truly believe she is all about me. That may sound crazy, but she has helped me time and time again, in the craziest of ways, to see my life from new perspectives by introducing me to other everyday people with extraordinary lives. And I am so grateful for that.
Even when Ms. Winfrey goes gettin' on my nerves, I still can't shake what she has implanted in me. Tiny lessons. Little whispers. Reassurances that I am good enough even when I feel I'm not. And the belief that I matter in this great big world of ours. Sometimes even a fiery sassypants like me needs to hear those things. It just feels so nice.
Here are 25 lessons and wisdoms I've picked up from Oprah and her long line of incredible guests over the past 25 years.
25 Inspiring Quotes From 25 Years of 'Oprah'
1. Everyone just wants to be seen.
2. The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.
3. Live from the heart of yourself.
4. Use your life to serve the world.
5. You are not alone.
6. When you know better, you do better. (Maya Angelou)
7. Nobody but you is responsible for your life.
8. When your child enters the room, does your face light up? (Toni Morrison)
9. Take responsibility for the energy you bring to me. (Dr. Jill Bolt Taylor)
10. Everything you done to me, already done to you. (Alice Walker)
11. Turn your wounds into wisdom.
12. Don't wait for someone else to complete you. Jerry Maguire was just a movie.
13. We often block our own blessings because we don't recognize we're worthy enough.
14. You're worthy because you were born. You alone are enough.
15. I trust that everything happens for a reason, even if we are not wise enough to see it.
16. Try saying to your loved ones: "I see you. I hear you. And what you say matters to me."
17. Your life is speaking to you. What does it say?
18. Everybody has a calling, and your real job in life is to find it.
19. Be your best self.
20. Luck is preparation meeting opportunity.
21. There's always room to grow when you lead with the truth.
22. Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different.
23. What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.
24. You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.
25. Choose love over fear.
What's your favorite Oprah quote?
Image via The Oprah Show