Alexander SkarsgardHang in there, Alexander Skarsgard cult followers fans: Waiting does indeed suck, but the new season of True Blood starts in just a few weeks! On June 26, we Truebies can resume our weekly ritual of drooling over Eric, Bill, and all the other supernatural sexpots HBO has to offer. I know, I know ... it still seems so far away. But here are six reasons why I'd wait an eternity for Season Four of True Blood:
6 Reasons True Blood Is Worth the Wait
- Alexander Skarsgard. Yes, I know I mentioned his name already, but really, can one over-emphasize the appeal of Skarsgard's Eric Northman? Bill seemed all dangerous and dark at first, but Skarsgard's vengeful Viking makes Southern gentleman Bill look about as menacing as Mickey Mouse. If Sookie doesn't give it up to this guy, well, I'd just as soon see her turn into werewolf chow.
- Hearing Bill say "Sookie." If Bill's got one thing going for him, it's the way he can render Sookie (Anna Paquin) completely helpless with one word. Part-growl, part-whisper, the way Bill says "Sookie" is enough to make any vampire-slayer weak in the knees.
- Jason's facial expressions. Ranging from "confused" to "more confused," Sookie's dim-bulb brother's range of emotion doesn't go very far ... in fact, sometimes I think they should just go ahead and have him talk like Scooby-Doo: "Reary, Rookie?" But dang it if that hottie of a hick don't just crack me up!
- Sam's enduring sweetness. Come on, everybody ... awwwww. Doesn't it break your heart? As much as I want Sookie and Eric to get it on, I still kind of wish she would give Sam a chance ... those puppy-dog eyes (I mean when he's human, not actually a puppy-dog), that shaggy hair ... (still talking about human Sam!).
- Anything and everything Lafayette does. Mmm-hmm, you heard me. Tara's short order cook/drug dealer cousin manages to make a simple act like walking across a room vastly entertaining. When he gets himself all worked up (remember when he called Eggs "Satan in a Sunday hat"?), he is nothing less than a one-man show.
- Tara's epic hissy fits. Speaking of Tara, Sookie's best friend has a barbed-wire tongue for the books. Favorite quotes include: "Oh, this ain't rude, this is uppity," "I just paid $400 to watch you drown a possum," and "Nothing says 'I'm sorry' like a tuna cheese casserole."
Why is Season Four of True Blood worth the wait?
Image via David Shankbone/Flickr