Today, Twilight fans around the world can wish their celebrity crush and sometimes silver screen vampire, Rob Pattinson, a happy 25th birthday! The British heartthrob will likely be celebrating his Friday the 13th birthday with his love, Kristen Stewart, in Toronto, Canada, where he's currently shooting his new film, Cosmopolis. It's rumored that they're staying together in the swanky, five-star Hazelton Hotel, along with their dog, Bear, and they may hit the town tonight for a romantic b-day dinner.
No doubt K-Stew will be raising a toast to her beau on his landmark day, but so can we! And what better way to celebrate than by gushing over some of the sexiest, most adorable, hilarious, silly, and heartwarming quotes R-Pattz has ever given?
In honor of Rob gracing the planet with his charm and hotness for a quarter of a century, here are 25 of the actor's most classic quotes ...
1. "When I was 17 until, I don't know, 20, I had this massive, baseless confidence. This very clear idea of myself and how I would achieve success, which involved making decisions. I saw myself picking up the phone and saying 'Absolutely not' or 'Definitely yes.' Having control. Except you have to figure out whether the way you think at 19 or 20 has any value. And eventually I understood, with all that control, which was probably illusory, I wasn't progressing. So now I'm relinquishing a bit. I'll be a tiny bit naked." -From the March 2010 Details interview
2. "The only emotional connection of relevance is with my dog. My relationship with my dog, it’s ridiculous." -March 2010 Details
3. "Up until I was 12, my sisters used to dress me up as a girl and introduce me as Claudia. Twelve was a real turning point for me as I moved to a mixed school, and then I became cool and discovered hair gel." -The Sun
4. "If somebody asks me out on a date, I go out with them! But I never get asked. And I never know how to ask other people. I'm not good at the whole 'dinner' thing. I'm a bit of a loner." -The Sun
5. "I'm boring. I stay home, watch TV, and eat a lot of fast food. That's really exciting, isn't it?" -The Sun
6. On Bel Ami, to MTV: "I think there's a lot of my crack in it. I think there's quite a bit of nudity."
7. On love, to MTV: "I think pretty much all people who love each other had some kind of thing at first sight. I mean, there has to be some kind of moment where you, like, feel a different energy around someone."
8. On what he'd do if he was invisible for a day, to USA Today: “I’d go and get really drunk somewhere ... in the street. Pass out somewhere and sleep in the gutter.”
9. On the usefulness of Twitter and fame, to USA Today: "The only time I ever follow Twitter is if I'm in a restaurant or something, just before I leave, to see if people are waiting outside. It does make you a bit of a loser, especially when someone asks you, 'Hey, you want to go to dinner at this place?' and I'm like, 'Can we have dinner at this (other) place? It has three exits.'"
10. "Everyone used to chuck snails at each other at school, and I used to try and save them. And not only did I get in trouble for it, I got suspended for doing it. For saving the snails I kept about four or five hundred of them at the back of the class -- in Snail Land. We were like six or seven or something, people didn't even realise what they were doing. I had a strange compassion for snails. And the teacher just chucked them all in the trash in the end." -on Ellen
11. On underwear: "My back is too long or something because my a*** is constantly hanging out." -Ellen
12. "It’s been amazing to play the same character through so many adventures. And it’s so strange because my life has changed so much over these years, but ‘Twilight’ and Edward Cullen will always be a part of me. It's been my whole life. My whole 20s. And I wouldn’t have it any other way." -to the Chicago Sun Times
13. “I’d love to have a family -- sometime in the future.” -Sun Times
14. On his love scene with Reese Witherspoon in Water for Elephants, to the Sun Times: “Listen, I had a cold and kept apologizing to Reese, who has since revealed to the press that I had the worst sinus infection when I was kissing her. She has said, ‘He was just sniffing all the way through.’ I guess that was her response to, ‘Reese, you’re the envy of so many girls.’”
15. ELLE magazine: Here’s a line from Maupassant: “The essence of life is the smile of round female bottoms, under the shadow of cosmic boredom.” Any thoughts?
Rob Pattinson: "That is an absolutely true quote. Round female bottoms are very much a miracle."
16. From an interview to French magazine Madame Figaro: "I can’t say I prefer blondes, brunettes, or redheads. I like emotion and elegance. Even expensive clothes do not guarantee a good look. You must be yourself above all!"
17. To Madame Figaro: "Frankly, I have no sex appeal. Just strolling in Los Angeles, London, or Paris, you will find a bunch of young guys like me. I am not James Dean."
18. On taking on funny roles in the future: “I don’t know if I’m particularly funny, I mean one of my legs is shorter than the other one, it makes everything look very awkward, so I can just pretty much look like an idiot, but I don’t know whether I can be like witty. It could be a problem.” -Comic-Con 2009
19. "In 15 years or something -- I like the idea of just one paparazzo coming out and trying to get a picture and I just beat the s— out of him. I mean -- out of nowhere -- when my picture’s not even worth ... and I’ve spent all my money, so you can’t sue me!" -in May 2011 ELLE interview
20. "I didn't see Taylor until just a little bit before we started shooting. When he came back, I had the same reaction as everybody else. I was like, 'Jeez, now I have to go to the gym!' -to MTV Radio about seeing Taylor Lautner's pre-New Moon physical transformation for the first time
21. "I love how they release that for the first one. They just give it all away." -to MTV at the Golden Globes, about the publication of a photo of Edward and Bella in bed on their honeymoon
22. On strange things he finds when Googling himself, to MTV: "I like the story about me being pregnant. It was in some Australian magazine, on the front page! I was like, 'Wow, that's just [insane].' And it's not even ironic. I don't even think the article [tried to justify it]; it was just a headline. The article was just like, nothing."
23. "I spent a long time trying to figure out how to play [Edward's part] without making a fool out of myself. The whole book is written from Bella's perspective and she's in love with him. I mean, the guy can be anybody -- he could be an alien -- and you see past everything if you're in love with someone." -RobertPattinson.org
24. "I think Betty White is one of the sexiest women in America." -to the ladies of The View
25. On his first audition for Twilight, to Harper's Bazaar in November 2009: "I was calm and collected, and then we do this thing where we're pretty much making out. I've since tried to do it at another audition, but it completely just collapsed. Kristen was very different from how I expected the girl who played Bella would be. I was kind of intimidated."
In honor of his 25th b-day, tell us: What do you love the most about Rob Pattinson?
Image via Ian Gavan/Getty