Jon Cryer & Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half MenMan, are you following the ongoing nuclear catastrophe, otherwise known as the meltdown of Charlie Sheen? Well, after his explosive and wildly delusional rant on the Alex Jones Show, which then got covered on Deadline Hollywood, things have just gotten worse. Thanks surely to the hateful and even anti-semitic insults he lobbed at creator Chuck Lorre, CBS has even pulled the plug on Two and a Half Men (I'm sure Jon Cryer is oozing loads of thanks to Charlie right about now).
Although Mr. Sheen is claiming to have a grand time in the Bahamas with his "crew" of "goddesses" and surely an arsenal of cocaine and booze, he's really keeping the crazy Charlie Sheen show going via phone calls and text messages to the mainland. We're working hard to keep up with his ongoing outburst, so here's a rundown of the time bombs he's set off since the interview rant ...
After the crazy Alex Jones Show rant, here's what happened next:
- Sheen called up TMZ next, taking his spiteful criticism of Lorre even further:
I violently hate Haim Levine. He's a stupid, stupid little man and a p**sy punk that I'd never want to be like. That's me being polite. That piece of s**t took money out of my pocket, my family's pocket, and, most importantly, my second family -- my crew's pocket ... You can tell him one thing. I own him.
- CBS then cancelled Two and Half Men until further notice:
Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct, and condition, CBS and Warner Brothers television have decided to discontinue production of Two and a Half Men for the remainder of the season.
- Sheen sent an open letter to be shared via TMZ, which includes more horrible words about Lorre:
I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists.
- Dr. Drew stepped out to say this is no laughing matter and that Charlie is showing signs of bipolar manic symptoms: "I'm frightened for the guy."
- Sheen then made up a story (among many) about an HBO series deal called Sheen's Corner, which he says was slated to earn him $5 million per episode. HBO denied the claim, but I think Charlie still thinks he is doing "research" for his very own crazy reality show.
- Being accused of anti-semitism for repeatedly calling out Lorre's Hebrew name, Chaim Levine, in his rants, Charlie said:
I was referring to Chuck by his real name, because I wanted to address the man, not the bulls**t TV persona.
- This career suicide mission might also cost Sheen another paycheck for his upcoming role in the Major League sequel. James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, told TMZ:
I'm not going to risk putting Charlie in the movie if he continues messing up [um, continues messing up???] ... after dealing with Lindsay Lohan on Georgia Rule , I can speak for someone who has experienced the difficulties of working with an actor dealing with addiction. I won't go through that again. If Charlie doesn't straighten up ... I unfortunately can't put him in the movie.
- This morning, Sheen texted Good Morning America to say he is 100 percent clean and plans to show up for work despite CBS's pulling the plug on this season's production of his hit comedy TV show.
- And actor John Stamos made a Twitter funny:
contrary to the rumors, i am not replacing charlie sheen on two and half men. however, martin sheen has asked me to be his son.
I guess we have to laugh, right? I mean, otherwise, we will cry for him. It's such a sad situation. We didn't think it possible after all the abuse, arrests, and hospital visits, but Charlie Sheen is spiralling even more out of control. I'm with Dr. Drew. I'm really, really scared for the guy -- and frankly, anyone in his path.
Are you following the Charlie Sheen meltdown? What do you think is going to happen?
Image via YouTube