Gwyneth Paltrow devoted this week's GOOP newsletter to helping readers find a "good balance between having a career and being a mom."
To do this, she set about interviewing real working moms including venture capitalist Juliet de Baubigny, fashion designer Stella McCartney, and, of course, herself. She hoped to learn some good tips about work-life balance from her pals and, uh, herself.
I've compiled some of the most helpful advice here. Real moms should adopt these tips immediately in an effort to better manage their schedules and lead less hectic lives.
- Have a personal trainer come to your house, preferably on Mondays. This will be great motivation for working out the rest of the week.
- Have a weekly blow-out. This means that you don't need to wash your hair each day and can save time in the morning.
- Get an amazing assistant.
- Condense your spa appointments. For example, JB has a salon she goes to at the end of the day to have a facial, manicure, and pedicure at the EXACT same time. She's in and out in 70 minutes.
- Get seven hours of uninterrupted sleep a night.
- Get a fishmonger who delivers. This way you can always have fish in the house and can be prepared in case you need to whip up a quick fish dinner.
Do I sound jealous? That's because I TOTALLY am. I'd kill to "slum it up" like Gwyneth and her friends for a day. (And, you don't have to comment below that I'm going to hell, because I'm already well-aware of that.)
What do you think of Gwyneth's real mom GOOP tips?
Image via Splashnews.com