I'll admit that when I heard about the Ashton Kutcher/Brittney Jones affair, I thought, Uh oh, another Jesse James scandal. (Yes, I'm a total pessimist when it comes to celebrity relationships.) But other than a few supposed naughty texts, no other proof has surfaced. And come on, this happened back in September. You'd think RadarOnline would've been able to dig up something -- a tweet, a voicemail, maybe a script proving this whole thing is an elaborate attempt at bringing Punk'd back? But nada.
So, this is me putting my pessimistic foot in my pessimistic mouth. Here are five reasons why I now think that Brittney Jones is lying after all.
- Ashton Kutcher is suing Vivid Entertainment, the company behind Brittney's "leaked" sex tape, for illegally using his name to promote it -- "Ashton's fans will undoubtedly enjoy seeing what the star himself may have experienced." At least they have a target audience in mind, eh? But my question is, why in the world would he go to that much trouble if there were any possibility that it could be proven false? He'd feel like a pretty big dumbass in the courtroom.
- Ashton and Demi Moore (Mrs. Kutcher) have continued posting cutesy TwitPics snuggling together. Friggin' adorable.
- When there's one, there are others. Remember after Tiger Woods and Jesse James were caught? The mistresses started coming out of the woodwork, one by one. So far, no one else has claimed a rendezvous with Kutcher.
- The chick was a struggling actress four months ago -- with this claim, she has at least solidified a spot on a bad reality show.
- Moral issues aside, why wouldn't you claim to have banged Ashton? It'd make you super cool amongst your friends for a hot five minutes.
Do you think Ashton had an affair?
Image via cliff1066/Flickr