Singer Rihanna has reportedly turned down numerous offers from Playboy to take it all off, stating that she has no problem with posing nude as long as it's "tastefully done."
According to PopEater:
I got a few offers to do Playboy actually. They want to pay [me] to be naked on the cover.
So why did the 22-year-old singer say no?
If I'm gonna take my clothes off, it has to be in a classy way and my will, not a check. I wouldn't take any money to do that.
So, we can see her naked, but not for money. Interesting. If she is worried about her career, though, she might want to reconsider. Just look at Levi Johnston!
Many, many stars have benefited greatly from nude pictorials even after they were already famous. Here are a few:
- Sharon Stone: In December 1992 Stone posed for Playboy (after Basic Instinct) at the age of 32 after already having posed at 30 two years before.
- Drew Barrymore: The famous child actress shed that stigma and put her drugged up past behind her by posing nude for Playboy. Maybe Rihanna could get past the domestic abuse scandal with the same kind of rebirth? Barrymore posed in January 1995 at 20 and it remains one of the best selling editions to date.
- Cindy Crawford: In 1998, Cindy Crawford posed for Playboy to mark the 10-year anniversary of her first appearance in the magazine.
- Pamela Anderson: Playboy made her career, of course. Anderson has had 12 Playboy covers.
- Goldie Hawn: Soon after she won the Academy Award Goldie Hawn posed for Playboy holding a large martini glass wearing a white coat tail shirt, fishnet stockings, and red heels at 39.
Now Rihanna has a decision to make. It seems she needs a pro and con list. Some pros:
- It certainly doesn't hurt the career.
- Nudity is often where Oscars come into play for actresses (think Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Winslet).
- Playboy can be like a rebirth.
- She doesn't have to be totally nude, just on the cover.
- No time like the present! She is hot now.
- She is still young. She might want to save it for when she is 40 for her "comeback."
- She has other things on her plate.
- She can get on the cover of any other magazine.
I am betting within the year, she is on the cover, though. Mark my words!
Do you think she should do Playboy?
Image via Facebook