Burlesque costars, Cher and Christina Aguilera, reportedly get along like a house on fire. While the vast age difference between them may preclude the two singers from becoming BFFs, Christina claims that she now looks upon Cher as a mentor of sorts and seeks out her counsel on personal matters.
The young singer recently filed for divorce from husband Jordan Bratman and is facing an uncertain future for herself and 2-year-old son Max.
It's no surprise that Aguilera looks up to the seasoned performer, as Cher is clearly a survivor. Twice divorced (Sonny Bono, Gregg Allman) and veteran of what seems like a million high-profile romances: David Geffen, Gene Simmons, and Val Kilmer are ones I can name right off the top of my head.
So what pearls of wisdom do you think Cher is imparting? Here the top 8 most insightful Cher-isms on men and relationships:
- "Men should be like Kleenex, soft, strong, and disposal."
- "To me marriage is for five or ten years."
- "It's not necessary, in order to be a complete person, that I have a man. It's not the end-all, be-all of my life."
- "The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing -- and then marry him."
- "A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones."
- "Husbands are like fires -- they go out when they're left unattended."
- ''Men aren't necessities. They're luxuries."
- "I'm still friends with all my exes, apart from my husbands."
But maybe we shouldn't listen too closely to the raven-haired chanteuse ... at least she seems to think so:
I wouldn't give myself any advice, because advice is kinda bullshit. Take a deep breath and don't take any of it too seriously.
Take heed, Christina.
Would you take relationship advice from Cher?
Image via Facebook