I had no reason to fan Ke$ha's Facebook page before and now I have even less. The pop singer's forthcoming album Cannibal will be released on November 22 and the first track -- 'Cannibal'-- is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.
The pertinent 'Cannibal' lyrics:
Whenever you tell me I'm pretty/That's when the hunger really hits me/Your little heart goes pitter patter/I want your liver on a platter/Use your finger to stir my tea/And for dessert I'll suck your teeth/Be too sweet and you'll be a goner/Yeah, I'll pull a Jeffrey Dahmer.
Oh, that's so cool and "rowdy" and everything, but Kesha, like Jeffrey Dahmer was a serial killer. He killed young men in gruesome, violent ways -- and ate them. They had families who loved them and miss them. Many of his victims were around your age. Heck, maybe a few of them would even have been fans of your music.
Ke$ha, these were just some of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims:
- Konerak Sinthasomphone, 14: While he was still alive, Dahmer drilled a hole into the back of Konerak's cranium and injected hydrochloric acid into the frontal lobes of his brain.
- James Doxtator, 14: Dahmer removed the teenager's flesh from his bones with acid.
- Steven Hicks, 19: Dahmer strangled and dismembered Steven with a carving knife and pulverized his bones with a sledgehammer.
- Curtis Straughter, 19: Dahmer strangled and dismembered Curtis and crushed his bones.
- Steven Tuomi, 24: Dahmer smashed Steven's chest in and tried to rip out his heart.
- Ernest Miller, 22: Dahmer removed the flesh from Ernest's body with acid, bleached his skeleton, and kept it in his closet. He froze his biceps to eat.
Whadda'ya think, Ke$ha? Is that really a man you want to emulate?
So what's say you grow up a little and doing something really mature like, say, set up college scholarships in these boys' names with all the money you make off your song? You'd probably get a lot more people to "like" your fan page.
Do you think Ke$ha should have left "Jeffrey Dahmer" out of her song?
Image via Ke$ha/Facebook