Screw the screenplay writers -- they're just there for looks. You're not a real actor unless you make up your own lines, at least according to Jessica Alba. She said in a recent Elle interview:
Good actors never use the script unless it’s amazing writing. All the good actors I’ve worked with, they all say whatever they want to say.
I hope that's not the case, I mean, come on Jess, you're really trying to admit to say you made up some of those lines in Honey?
Here are 20 of the worst movie lines that we hope to god that the actors can blame on the script.
- "I hate to disappoint you, but rubber lips are immune to your charms." -- One of the many cheesy lines from the movie Batman & Robin, not to mention, it was downright weird when he pulled them off.
- "Must be weird not having anyone cum on ya." (Showgirls) -- Wow, what a visual. Ew!
- "I'm sorry, Wilson! Wilson, I'm sorry!" (Castaway) -- The volleyball accepts your apology.
- "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass." -- Those two totally go hand-in-hand (They Live).
- "It's turkey time. Gobble, gobble." -- Okay, you knew there Gigli was going to be on this list.
- "Do you enjoy pain? Pain don't hurt." (Road House) -- Oxymoron?
- "Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning? Same thing that happens to everything else." -- Intense moments should not be dialogued by obvious statements (X-Men).
- "Let's kick some ice." -- #2 from Batman & Robin!
- "Are you a Mexican or a Mexi-can't?" (Once Upon a Time in Mexico) -- Is there a third option?
- "Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed." (Four Weddings and Funeral) -- It's those little wet things falling from the sky. And why yes, it is indeed.
- "I carried a watermelon." (Dirty Dancing) -- Even Baby knew this line was stupid.
- "Ill never let go Jack, I'll never let go." (Titanic) -- Minutes later she lets him drop into the bottom of the ocean. Way to keep your promise.
- "You're a godsend, a saviour." "No, I'm just the postman." (The Postman) -- We really should all appreciate our mailmen more.
- "It's a pressure valve. It won't open unless there's tremendous pressure." (Poseidon) -- Ding!
- "I said, put the bunny back in the box ..." (Con Air) -- The bunny doesn't like being outside of the box.
- "It's like looking in a mirror. Only not." (Face/Off) -- But it is. Kind of. But not really.
- "In thirty seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes." (Total Recall) -- Hey, the man likes his whole wheat cereal.
- "You sack of wine!" (Troy) -- Exactly how much of an insult is that? Is it worst than jerk but not as bad as asshole?
- "...they may take our lives, but they'll never take -- our FREEDOM!" (Braveheart) -- Ooo, yeah, umm ... actually ...
- "Stop eating my sesame cake...Stop eating my sesame cake!" (Congo) -- Dammit, stop eating his sesame cake!!
What's your favorite worst movie line ever?
Image via AshleyCooper/Flickr