Fox News is going Medieval on Public Television and it's all because of Sesame Street.
In recent months, the children's television show that airs on Public Television has been in the middle of a pop culture storm after Lady Gaga and Katy Perry appeared on the show. They have become much hipper in recent months, even going so far as to insinuate that Bert -- the unibrowed roommate of Ernie -- was gay after all. According to Popeater:
This week, the buzz machine lit up with speculation that Bert, the single-browed longtime roommate of Ernie, may have winkingly come out of the closet as gay in a Twitter post. "Ever notice how similar my hair is to Mr. T's? The only difference is mine is a little more 'mo,' a little less 'hawk,'" the puppet tweeted this summer.
Clearly he's a Babs fan, if you know what I mean. Fox News is on to something here. Bill O'Reilly, commentator on the conservative network, is campaigning to cut funding for public broadcasting.
I totally agree.
I mean, why do I want my children exposed to their liberal agenda? They want to teach my kids to read and know their letters while also entertaining their parents? No way!
Take them off the air!
Here are five signs of Sesame Street's clear liberal agenda:
- They are LGBT-friendly: We all know that not discriminating against gays or suggesting that it might be anything less than a travesty to be gay is a clear sign of insanity. By having the openly gay Bert and Ernie prance around like it's OK to be homosexual sends a message of tolerance to children that we just shouldn't tolerate. I mean, really, what kind of people actually think it's OK to be yourself? Despicable.
- They like boobs: First Lady Gaga and now Katy Perry. We all know that boobs go against God. Clearly Sesame Street is teaching our children to be comfortable with their bodies and become sexual beings. That is wrong! Stop them now!
- They like Mac users: We all know that Mac users are typically wimpy liberals who wear glasses and Sesame Street panders to them with their iPhone apps and Hulu videos.
- They encourage people to be "green": We all know that environmentalists are a bunch of Patchouli-scented hippies, running around claiming that global warming is a "real thing" (sure, sure). Sesame Street just encourages these lies and then sells them to our kids. It's a travesty!
- They encourage healthy eating: Americans should eat red meat and fried potatoes. Period. Anything other than that is clearly part of a conspiracy to make us all practice yoga and be gay.
Would you like to see Sesame Street banned?
Image via Facebook