If you had asked me to sit down and guess which actress was godmother to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's kids, I could have come up with names all day long and never even gotten close to the supposed answer, which is ...
Natalie from The Facts of Life. Otherwise known as Mindy Cohn.
Huh. That's ... random.
Mindy is reportedly a good friend of Angelina's brother, James Haven, and tight with Brangelina as well. Sources say she's been chosen as godmother to two of the six kids, twins Knox and Vivienne.
(Is that weird? I guess I don't know what it means to be a godmother, but I thought it included taking over parental duties in the case of both parents passing away? Seems like they'd want to keep all six kids together, right?)
If your knowledge of Mindy is pretty much limited to her role of Natalie in The Facts of Life, here are a few more tidbits about the actress:
- She was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for her voice work as Velma in the TV cartoon What's New Scooby Do?
- She received critical acclaim for her role in the 2007 Daniel Waters comedy, Sex and Death 101.
- She's gone on record as saying that one of the reasons she chose to do The Facts of Life Reunion film in 2001 is because the actors were wrongly denied a cut of syndication and DVD profits from the long-running series.
- She's playing the role of Violet in the 2010 movie Violet Tendencies.
- She earned a degree in cultural anthropology and is a founding member of the weSpark cancer support center.
Well, hey, rock on with your more-interesting-than-I-thought self, Mindy.
Now, everyone, let's sing this one together:
You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have ... the facts of life!
Image via Violet Tendencies