Wynonna and Naomi Judd appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show today and talked, among other things, about Wynonna's remarkable transformation over the past couple of years, including an impressive 60-pound weight loss.
She looked amazing, and was giddy talking about dating and her new life.
Good for her.
After her husband, D.R. Roach, was indicted on charges of aggravated sexual battery on a child under 13 in 2007, she divorced him. And she's worked to rebuild her life for her and her children ever since.
While it was great to witness her happiness, even more remarkable was how, while talking to Oprah, Wynonna spit out titles and lyrics for at least an album's worth of country music -- without even knowing it.
In fact most of the interview read like a list of song titles for a new album:
1. "I went to hell and back."
2. "I can be a victim or a victor."
3. "Walking in the wilderness screaming at God, 'Why?'"
4. "Don't look in the mirror and go, 'You suck.'"
5. "I'm feeling so alive I have to take naps."
6. "I'm on fire. From head to toe."
Any of which would be a sure-fire hit, right?
I love The Judds' music, and I hope if not these particular songs, Wynona continues to record, perform and be happy.
Are you a fan of The Judds?