TV Guide has released a list of the highest paid actors on TV, and as to be expected, it's top-heavy with men. Notably, there are a few females near the top, and one at the very tippy-top (guess who). Check out which of your favorite TV stars are raking in the most dough ...
Notice how the categories of Comedy, News, and Talk are largely represented in this list: For some reason, highly paid women actors seem to be absent from the Drama category across the board.
15. Kate Gosselin, Kate Plus 8 -- $250,000 per episode
14. Ellen DeGeneres, The Ellen DeGeneres Show -- $8 million (per year)
13.-12. Tina Fey, 30 Rock -- $350,000 per episode; Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer -- $350,000 per episode
11. Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: SVU -- $375,000 per episode
10.-6. Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Eva Longoria Parker, Desperate Housewives -- $400,000 per episode; Julie Kavner on The Simpsons -- $400,000 per episode
5. Meredith Vieira -- $11 million (per year)
4. Diane Sawyer -- $12 million (per year)
3. Katie Couric -- $15 million (per year)
2. Judge Judy Sheindlin -- $45 million (per year)
1. Oprah Winfrey -- $350 million (per year)
The fact that Gosselin makes more than Christiane Amanpour or Chelsea Handler may be a bitter pill for some to swallow. Moreover, it's hard to ignore the fact that a few favorite celebrities are noticeably underpaid when you compare them to the rest of the list -- particularly, Anna Paquin from True Blood, who makes $75,000 per episode, and Jane Lynch from Glee, who makes only $50,000 per episode. And, of course, how could we ever forget Jersey Shore's Snooki, who only earns $30,000 per episode, poor thing?
Are you surprised by this list? Who, if anyone, do you think is overpaid?
Image via TLC.com
I create a special savings account
I put a little away at a time
I cut corners until I can afford it
Save? Who has money to save?
I plan to put it on my credit card and love the benefits of the reward program