I'm still finding it a little hard to believe that Alanis Morissette, the woman who provided so much solace for me during the angst of my single dating life, is married and expecting a baby. So who is Mario Souleye Treadway, the kindered man who finally gave her what she always wanted?
Here are seven things we know about her husband and baby daddy:
1. He's a rapper. His rapper name is "MC Souleye" and he's known for his freestyle techniques. You can check him out here:
2. His real name is just Mario Treadway.
3. He's originally from Massachusetts and started writing rhymes when he was 10.
4. He got his big break when he won a contest by Relix magazine. Since then he's played around the world at famous festivals like Coachella and South by Southwest.
5. He's excited to be a father and even tweeted his sentiments complete with a smiley face.
Hi everyone, wanted to let you know Great news, my wife is pregnant... we're so excited to start our family : )
6. He's younger than his wife by six years -- he's 30, she's 36.
7. He's a humanitarian. He tweets with emotion about world events like the earthquake in Haiti, and is giving a portion of proceeds from his latest album to Conscious Alliance to help bring relief to American Indian reservations.
What else do you want to know about Alanis Morissette's man?
Image via myspace