Don Charms Midge DanielsIt's no surprise to any Mad Men fans that while the eternally sexy Don Draper dates and marries beautiful women, they're a tad, um, vacuous. Betty Draper may be a Grace Kelly lookalike, but she's about as interesting as a pot of geraniums. An evening with the missus would be no more (and, to be fair, no less) intellectually stimulating than reading the back of a cereal box.
But the dashing ad exec does indeed show an interest in smart, dynamic women ... if only to sleep with them. Remember Rachel Menken? The department store exec certainly knew her own mind. And how can we forget Midge Daniels? Don loved fooling around with the bohemian artist, and she was clearly in control -- both in and out of the bedroom. So what other compelling women wouldn't Don Draper marry?
1. Natalie Portman: Harvard grad. Speaks Hebrew, French, and Japanese fluently. Can't be dull because she's friends with Andy Samberg. There's a rock band called Natalie Portman's Shaved Head. Can anyone who has an indie group named after her possibly be boring?
2. Sharon Stone: Reportedly has an IQ of 154. Films banned from being shown in China after she had the chutzpah to suggest that the deadly earthquake that killed as many as 80,000 people was bad karma for Beijing policy in Tibet. Clearly not a wilting flower.
3. Mindy Kaling: You know her as Kelly Kapoor on The Office, but the Dartmouth grad is a triple threat. Besides acting, she produces and writes for the hit show.
4. Aisha Tyler: Another Dartmouth alum. Fluent in French, Russian, and Swahili. Bonus points for being funny. Not only did she host Talk Soup, but she does stand-up to boot.
5. Rachel Maddow: Rhodes scholar. Hosts her own TV show where she verbally spars with everyone from Rupert Murdoch to Rand Paul.
Hey. Come to think of it, Rachel wouldn't want to marry him either.
Who are some other women too smart to marry Don?
Image via AMC.com