Photo from Facebook.comWhether or not you're on Facebook, you've definitely at least heard of it. Or have been living under a rock.
The social-networking website has single-handedly changed the way we interact with others, play games, and stalk exes.
I love it because I'm able to get in touch with long-lost friends, have a source for picture sharing, and send and receive information with others quickly and easily, even if that info is a meaningless status update about my cat.
So, are you ready to join? These six simple steps will help you sign up and get started:
- Head over to Facebook.com, where you'll be asked for your name, email address, password, sex, and date of birth.
- Account created ... congrats! It then automatically searches your email address book to connect you with people that you may already know that are on Facebook. You can either add them as a friend or skip this step altogether. It also lets you find friends through your education and employer. Remember, this is a social-networking site ... you'll want to add people!
- Now that you have friends, it's time to put that pretty face up on the web -- upload a photo or take one with a webcam.
- Don't want people to think you're boring, so select Edit Profile and fill in information about yourself such as your political views, bio, and favorite quotes.
- Depending on how involved you want to be, you can opt to have your mobile phone activated to receive texts with your friends' status updates and messages instantly as well as update your own status.
- Privacy has landed Facebook in the news a lot recently, so be sure to set your privacy settings to your personal liking.
Welcome to Facebook -- now start stalking!