Cheesy line after cheesy line -- I love it!
Even after repeating it 20 times in a mirror, they're blissfully unaware of how ridiculous they sound.
Here are my favorite opening lines from last night's premiere:
- Jesse, the general contractor from Peculiar, MO: "How do you feel about dating a peculiar man?" Because he's from Peculiar, Missouri ... hah. Might have worked if she heard him the first time. Actually, no, it wouldn't have.
- Frank, retail manager from Geneva, IL: After climbing to the top of the limo, "Ali my love, for you I would climb the tallest tower ... or to the top of the limousine, whatever might win your heart." That was awesome. He won my heart with that one.
- Chris N., entrepreneur from Orlando, FL: "I think it's only appropriate that the lady receives a rose first, and I wanted to be the first one to give it to you ... hopefully I'll receive one later on." *rolling eyes* Wonder how many times that line has been used?
- Kasey, advertising account executive from Clovis, CA: "I know you've been through a lot in your life, and a lot of heartbreaks, and never actually had a guy be there for you to watch your heart for you. I want you to know who I am and that, no matter what happens with this show, no matter how far I go, I will always be there to protect and guard your heart. Just give me a chance to show you mine." That was long-winded. And creepy.
- Kyle, outdoorsman from Highlands Ranch, CO: The fishing line. Because girls love to be compared to a slimy sea creature. Reel her in, cowboy.
- Tyler M., catering manager from Austin, TX: "Well, I noticed the first time you got out of the limo you were wearing cowboy boots."
Ali: "My limo?"
Tyler: "First time with Jake."
Ali: "I wasn't wearing cowboy boots." Oh, that's awkward.
- Derek, sales manager from Warren, MI: "I know you said on your hometown page that when you catch a falling leaf, you make a wish, so, you ready?" *cue leaves being thrown* Well, isn't that just adorable? Even with the leaf that's stuck in her hair for the remainder of the conversation.
Did you watch the season premiere? What was your favorite opening line?