Photo from CWTVHey there The Stir readers,
Kim Conte here. Your one and only source into the scandalous situation that was last night's Gossip Girl season finale.
Spotted: One of my favorite shows on television (and I'm not ashamed to admit it!) ending the season with some of the stupidest, most ridiculous plot twists of all time. To be fair, GG ordinarily requires a bit of suspension of belief to enjoy, but this was over-the-top nonsense. Here are some of the most offending scenes (SPOILER ALERT):
- Dan and Serena rekindling their feelings for each other. If Serena wants to re-cycle back through her social circle to find a new boyfriend, then that's her business; but don't threaten me with yet another season revolving around the most boring TV couple of all time. Serena, you are hot and live in Manhattan; surely there must be a friend of a friend you could date instead of YOUR STEPBROTHER.
- Blair arriving too late for her Empire State Building date with Chuck Bass. If only she had a cell phone and could text him that she's almost there! Oh wait ...
- Jenny Humphrey losing her virginity to Chuck Bass -- just typing it makes my stomach turn. The writers spent all season showing the softer side of Chuck, so why would we believe that he would go for such a mean girl -- and a scary-looking one at that? (And if I sound jealous it's just because ... I am!)
- Georgina revealing that she's pregnant with Dan's baby. Lame, lame, lame. Am I alone in saying that I actually couldn't care less? But I'm more offended by how predictable it all is: Georgina always shows up in the last episode(s) of the season, wreaks havoc, it all gets cleared up early on in the next season, and then she disappears until the next finale.
- Chuck Bass getting shot while trying to defend Blair's engagement ring and maybe dying? If you pause your DVR (I'm not ashamed to say that I did it several times), it looks like he's bleeding from the elbow. I predict Chuck Bass will show up next season looking hot in an arm cast. And if he dies? I will have to find another favorite show that's just as intelligent as this one.
What did you think of the Gossip Girl season finale?