Photo from dailydoseofdharma.com; $45Danica McKellar's recent racy photos in Maxim may leave little to the imagination, but there's plenty more to this newly pregnant star best known as Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years.
Here are some things you may have "wondered" about over the years:
1. McKellar's first kiss ever happened on The Wonder Years. "Our first kiss on the show -- that was my first kiss and Fred's too," she told People. "It was the most anxious moment of my life."
2. Danica's younger sister, Crystal, competed against her for the role of Winnie Cooper. Crystal ended up playing Becky Slater, Kevin Arnold's flittering crush. She now works as an attorney.
3. McKellar is a math geek. She has published several books including Math Doesn't Suck and Kiss My Math, which encourage girls to study math. "Whether you're shy or just a super-considerate person, you may feel tempted to dumb yourself down sometimes to make someone else feel better about themselves ... especially guys," she says. "But this is dangerous! It's one thing to be considerate, it's another thing entirely to sell yourself short."
She's currently working on her third book, Hot X: Algebra Exposed.
4. She graduated summa cum laude from UCLA where she was a member of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority.
5. Ballroom dancing is one of her favorite activities, but don't expect to see her on Dancing With the Stars anytime soon. She says she may have "a little too much professional training" and besides, "I'm not sure I'd like the judges' on-stage criticism very much!" she says.
6. McKellar is a yoga junkie, even creating a DVD collection, Daily Dose of Dharma, with her mother.
7. She got married in March 2009 to composer Mike Verta. Actors Dan Lauria and Allie Mills, who played Kevin's parents on The Wonder Years, were there.
8. She says she's a "serial monogamist." "I can count on one hand the number of guys I've been with," she told Maxim.
9. McKellar and Fred Savage have kept in touch over the years, especially when viewing an episode of The Wonder Years. "We can get sentimental and call each other. He'll say, 'I just saw an episode, and you were so cute, and I just had to say hi and that I miss you.'"
10. She wants to move past her innocent image. "Maybe after this article comes out, people will start giving me grittier roles, but for now people still see me as wholesome," she told Maxim.
What do you think of Danica McKellar's photos in Maxim?