Flickr photo greeblieThe Magic 8 Ball gave me such great advice as a child. It told me that I "couldn't count on" my fourth-grade boyfriend liking me, that I should "definitely" dance with Greg at the sixth-grade dance, and it "was likely" that Sarah was talking about me behind my back.
And now the Magic 8 Ball will have a movie made about it.
NY Mag reports that the plan is to turn Magic 8 Ball into a sort of live-action National Treasure-style action-adventure movie. I can see Nicolas Cage now, shaking the toy in order to get to a hidden Incan treasure that's "not likely" in the area that it was "definitely" in just a moment before. Just like the last two National Treasure movies!
Here are some other toys that definitely deserve their own film:
- Popples: The adorable brightly colored Popples had their own TV show, but a movie should definitely be made about these creatures that can turn inside-out.
- Roller Racers: Talladega Nights meets Speed Racer.
- Dream Phone game: How much more chick flick can you get? A bunch of girls trying to figure out who their secret admirer is and when they finally hear the "You're right! I really like you," it's climactic. Squeeeeal!
- Rubik's Cube: Have to solve the puzzle or the world is doomed. Oh crap.
- View-Master: Instead of seeing cartoons, our hero sees the future. Oooo.
Mr. Magic 8 Ball, would any of these movies be any good?
"Cannot predict now."
What are some toys that you think should be turned into a movie?