Amazon.com; $24.99People always assume I'm a major Star Wars geek and that May 4, Star Wars Day, is my favorite day of the year. Why? It's not because I insert Star Wars quotes into everyday life (I don't, typically), but because I named my dog Jango.
I picked the name because one of my favorite jazz musicians is Django Reinhardt. Jazz fans get the reference, but everyone else thinks I named my dog after Jango Fett -- father of Boba -- who appeared in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. I can't decide which is more geeky ... but I digress ...
Truth be told, though I've seen the original trilogy more than a few times, I slept through most of the recent ones. But that's not to say I don't enjoying quoting the movies now and then. Here are some of my favorite lines that I've taken care to match with appropriate real-life situations:
1. "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am." My standard reaction every time my husband tries to apologize.
2. "Join us or DIE." Usually included at the end of my Evites.
3. "Hard to see, the dark side is." Whenever my sister is annoyed with me, I start talking like Yoda. She typically gets more annoyed.
4. "… Boba Fett? Boba Fett!" I yell this at my dog especially when I'm around people who think I named her after Star Wars, and everyone -- including the dog -- gets really excited.
5. "Look sir! Droids!" I've yet to use this gem, but I'm constantly on the search for a great opportunity.
Your turn: What's your favorite Star Wars quote?