Photo from Dancing With the Stars/ABCI've already forewarned my friends and family to not call me after 8pm tonight. Why? Because the season premiere of Dancing With the Stars comes on ABC (8/7c), and nothing will stand in my way of watching Kate Gosselin attempt the Viennese Waltz.
I always feel bad for the ones that are the first to get kicked off, it's the ultimate "Wow, you really suck," and the fact that it's on national television has got to be humiliating for them.
So which celeb is going to be the first on the chopping block? Let's take a look at past seasons to see if we can find a trend:
- Season 1: Trista Sutter, from The Bachelorette
- Season 2: Kenny Mayne, an ESPN achor
- Season 3: Tucker Carlson, a political news correspondent for FOX News
- Season 4: Paulina Porizkova, supermodel
- Season 5: Josie Maran, model and actress
- Season 6: Monica Seles, a tennis champion, and Penn Jillette, an actor
- Season 7: Jeffrey Ross, a comedian
- Season 8: Belinda Carlisle, singer
- Season 9: Ashley Hamilton, an actor, and Macy Gray, a singer
After careful evaluation I got ... nothing. The first exits from past seasons are about as random as this year's cast (which includes astronaut Buzz Aldrin, The Bachelor Jake Pavelka, and wearer-of-many-hats Pamela Anderson, just to name a few). Part of me hopes that Kate gets kicked off first, just for the simple fact that it means she can go back to those eight kids of hers. But the other, evil part of me wants her to stay for my own guilty pleasure. I'm awful, I know.
Using my own reality TV show obsessiveness expertise, I'm going to pick sports reporter Erin Andrews. Being a sports fanatic, I imagine, growing up, she wouldn't have been caught dead in a tutu. I get it, I was the same way. And I have two left feet because of it ... just saying. Also, unlike the athletes that she's competing against, she probably isn't in tip top shape nor as flexible as some of the others.
And let's face it, everyone loves a little background story for ratings: Kate is neglecting her kids, Buzz is old, Ochocinco is crazy ... but Erin doesn't really have interesting going for her.
Who do you think will be the first DWTS casualty?