Lamar Odom's Brush With Death Was Caused by a Cocaine Overdose

Rumors seem to be confirmed as to what caused Lamar Odom to collapse in a Nevada brothel last week. Authorities suspect that the NBA star took a near-lethal dose of cocaine along with a mysterious pill that he produced from his pocket at some point.

Advertisement

According to records of a search warrant found by the Associated Press, a Nye County sheriff's detective, Michael Eisenloffel, testified that he thought Khloe Kardashian's husband had been "under the influence of a controlled substance."

Eisenloffel also stated that onlookers told him that Odom ingested "an unknown substance in the form of an unidentified pill, which he obtained from his pocket," and prostitutes "heard him snorting."

As soon as news broke that Odom had been found unconscious in the Love Ranch, a legal brothel outside of Las Vegas, Khloe raced to his hospital bedside, where she's been running the show as his legal wife. Though the pair split in December 2013 and signed the papers this past July, their divorce had yet to be finalized, and after this ordeal, they've decided to dismiss it entirely.

More from The Stir: New Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Reality TV Show May Be in the Works

A source told Us Weekly about their reconciliation, "This is a huge wake-up call for Lamar, for his friends and family ... Everyone is just really hoping for the best."

It's obvious that Khloe cares deeply for Lamar, as she even arranged for his children and their mother to fly out and visit him in the hospital.

Let's just hope that this really is a wake-up call, because Lamar is beyond lucky to be alive right now, let alone recovering. A week ago, he was on life support, he'd had a heart attack, his kidneys had failed, and his brain was so swollen that doctors doubted if he'd ever wake up.

He has a long road ahead of him in a lot of aspects, and it's going to take a lot of strength to get through it.

 

Image via Lawrence Schwartzwald/Splash News

Read More >