Zsa Zsa Gabor Husband Latest Bizarre Medical Emergency

Prince Frederic Von AnhaltWhile Zsa Zsa Gabor has had plenty of health scares this year, it's her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, who had perhaps the most unexpected one yesterday. The 68-year-old mistook a bottle of nail glue for eye drops and glued his eye shut. It might be a bit funny, if the repercussions weren't so serious -- he had to undergo emergency medical treatment and now has to wear an eye patch for two weeks.

It was dark, and he wasn't paying close attention, according to his rep. "It was stupid. She doesn't use it anymore," the prince said.

This isn't the first time the prince has had a rather bizarre medical emergency. Back in October while sunbathing, a bee flew into his throat and stung him. He couldn't breathe, turned blue, and was rushed to the hospital.


Strangely enough, Zsa Zsa actually had a glue incident of her own. Her daughter, Francesca Hilton, told CNN that years ago her mother injured her own eye when she used "crazy glue" to put on her false eyelashes. If deaths supposedly happen in threes, perhaps freak medical mishaps do too? Let's at least hope so for this couple.

They do, however, have a penchant for the the peculiar. As Gabor's health continues to be fragile after a hospitalization this year, the prince recently made known his wishes to turn his wife's body into plastic.

My wife has always dreamt that her beauty would be immortal. I would like to show the plastinated body of Zsa Zsa Gabor in the context of a scene in one of her films.

Best wishes with that, and for a speedy recovery, prince.

What's the strangest medical mishap you have had?

Image via Splash News

Read More >