Boy Found Dead in Hotel Room Where Mysterious Deaths Keep Happening

hotel corridorA young boy was found dead in a hotel room over the weekend, his mother unconscious beside him. Cops are investigating whether little Jeffrey Lee Williams could have died of carbon monoxide poisoning, and they say he's not the first to die in the room at the North Carolina Best Western: two adults died there in the last two months.

And here you thought the scariest thing lurking in a hotel room were the germs on that comforter?


According to police in Boone, North Carolina, the boy and his mother, Jeannie Williams, were found unresponsive in the room on the second floor on Saturday afternoon. The 11-year-old was dead, his mom rushed to a hospital in a coma. She came around on Sunday and is reportedly in stable condition.

Cops don't suspect foul play in the child's death, but they do want to know if it can be linked to that of an elderly couple found dead in the same exact room back in April.

If it can be, you know what that means.

This hotel could be in a heap of trouble. Or maybe it's "should" be?

A ton of signs are pointing to carbon monoxide here. The scary thing about this deadly gas is that it's colorless and odorless. It can be lingering in a room, and you'd never know it.

I know this all too well. It was in my house, and the levels were low enough that my detector never sounded ... but high enough that blood tests showed I was moderately poisoned.

But as the old saying goes, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

This hotel saw two people die in a room. It was up to them to investigate the occurrence to the fullest extent and ensure they weren't putting guests in danger. That means addressing everything -- whether it was related to the couple's deaths or not.

In a way, their deaths offered a tragic but unique opportunity to double and triple check everything in that room to make sure the hotel was doing things right.

Fast forward two months, and that should have been the safest room in the entire hotel.

But evidently it wasn't.

A child died in that room, somehow. And someone will have to answer for it.

With the history of the room, it's not hard to say who will be the first target.

Do you think the hotel has some culpability here?

Image via vauvau/Flickr

Read More >