We all say we'd do anything for our children, and I think we mean it. Sometimes, however, anything gets pretty extreme, and I'm not sure all of us would be able to do what 41-year-old Luis Brignoni did for his son on Friday.
The 11-year-old, Fernando Brignoni, was outside playing when he put his hand through the cage of one of the family's pet dogs, "Sassy". The dog bit his finger, and while his 13-year-old brother started hitting the dog over the head, by the time she let go, Fernando's entire pinky finger was gone, swallowed by the dog.
It's the stuff of parenting nightmares. The blood is flowing, the kid is likely screaming, and you're stuck in a mixture of shock and horror knowing you have to be the adult and do something.
Well, Luis did something, all right.