Photo by SweetPeasMom418
Yesterday, we got a ton of snow up here in the Northeast. Schools were cancelled, so many parents found themselves having to stay home and entertain their hyper kids.
In case you find yourself unexpectedly stuck at home (and let's face it, the kids aren't going to stay outside all day), Woman's Day has some great snow day activities:
- Get outside and perfect your snow sculptures with tips from the pros: no more lopsided snowmen! Click here to learn how to make better snow creatures.
- Get a head start on Valentine’s Day and whip up some homemade crafts, like a winter wonderland heart snow globe. Click here for how-to instructions.
- Flip through a stack of old magazines and cut out inspirational words, pictures and phrases. Then use them to make a Wordy Journal. Have the kids start writing entries today. Click here for how-to instructions.
- The blizzard is a perfect excuse to indulge in some comfort food that kids will love, like Chicken Pumpkin Stew or Meatball Calzones. Click here for recipes.
- Check out these stunning snowy landscapes from around the world. Then grab a camera and let the kids take some near your own home. Click here to see photos.
Check out the Woman's Day website for more suggestions.
What's you and your kids' favorite thing to do on snow days?