Most parents will probably agree that there are plenty of things that come out of their mouths that they NEVER imagined they'd say until they had kids. And as the mom of one child, a son, I can say first hand that being the parent of a boy has me repeating sentences on a daily basis that would probably never be uttered otherwise.
As much as we adore them, boys are, well, kind of gross sometimes.
On that note, here are 30 wacky things moms admit saying to their sons ... way too regularly!
- Get your hands out of your pants ... that's not polite.
- Put your pants back on.
- Yes, you have to wear underwear today. It's not negotiable.
- Put your wiener back in your pants where it belongs.
- Don't let the toilet seat slam down or you'll crush your wiener!
- I'll give you $5 if you get in the shower RIGHT NOW.
- Your shirt is not your napkin.
- Just because you can pee outside doesn't mean you should do it.
- Whose underwear is this? Yours or your brother's? And why is it on the floor?
- Stop touching your penis.
- Put a shirt on. We have company coming over.
- Please don't light things on fire in the house.
- Don't sit on your baby brother until you have clothes on, please.
- Stop trying to pee on your sister!
- No, you can't bring your remote control car to church.
- The toilet is not a car wash for your Hot Wheels cars.
- Make sure to wash your butt crack during your shower.
- OMG, get over here and let me cut your fingernails before you kill someone with those things.
- Get your finger out of your nose.
- Get your finger out of your butt.
- Did you just lick that worm?
- Don't touch my boobies. Because it's not nice, that's why.
- Did you brush your teeth? With toothpaste?
- Did you wipe yourself? Why not?
- Are those the same socks you wore yesterday?
- It's not acceptable to fart at the dinner table.
- No, you did not have a bath because you were in the pool today.
- Your butt is itchy because you're all sweaty. Would you PLEASE take a shower already?!?
- No, I will not scratch your butt for you.
- You JUST ate. NO, you cannot have a THIRD dinner!
More from The Stir: 21 Insane Things Moms Have Said to Their Children
What kinds of things do you say to your boys that you can't believe?
Image via ©Ronnie Kaufman/Larry Hirshowitz/Corbis Images