Kids. They definitely have a way with words sometimes -- and for the most part, they really don't have any sort of filter when it comes to the things that come out of their mouths on a daily basis.
But let's be honest, 9 times out of 10, when they say something that embarrasses us in public, it's our own fault. For whatever reason, we're not always diligent as far as being careful with what we talk about in front of our children, which can come back to bite us in the ass at the most inopportune time. And in addition to what we say, sometimes our actions give the kiddos the urge to call us out too.
Here are 15 humiliating things moms admit their kids said that left them absolutely mortified.
- No joke -- my kid looked right at my best friend and said, "Do you put strings in your butt like my mom does?" Guess I need to remember to shut the bathroom door from now on.
- My kids have been ratting me out left and right lately about not cooking dinner while their dad has been out of town! "We've had ramen noodles for dinner three times this week!!!"
- My son threw me under the bus on his first day of karate, telling the instructor I stayed out WAY too late the night before and was tired that morning.
- My kid told his friend, "My mom says I can't see you because she doesn't like your mom."
- My child told my boyfriend's sister, "My mom says we don't go to your house because it's disgusting."
- My son announced to all of his friends at the bus stop, "My mom farted so bad this morning, it stunk up the whole house!"
- On a company retreat, I'd just gone into the restroom. My daughter told a co-worker that I'd just gone into the bathroom so I "might be a while." He was, of course, the cute guy that I had been flirting with forever.
- I had a breast cancer scare when my daughter was 4. I explained that I had to have pictures taken of my breasts by the doctor. A few weeks later, I had to take her with me to a neurologist appointment. In the waiting room full of senior citizens, she blurts out, "Mommy, I thought we were going to take pictures of your boobs!"
- "My mom's vag hurts because the doctor cut my brother out of the wrong hole!" Guess he overheard me talking to my husband about how my stitches were killing me ... not sure about the rest -- LOL!
- My son referred to my mother-in-law as the Wicked Witch of the North. In front of my husband, who had no idea I didn't like her.
- We were at a charity event once and there were a bunch of firefighters there. My son told them, "My mommy loooves firefighters!!" I was so embarrassed.
- My son's dad is in prison. He likes to tell everyone, especially people who are standing in line behind us at the grocery store.
- My daughter just announced to everyone recently that she likes it better when I do her bath because I don't make her wash. Thanks for making me sound negligent, kid.
- My kid told the male cashier that I was wearing red lacy underwear so I could feel pretty.
- We were out shopping and I couldn't find my keys. I was getting flustered and my son looked at the sales lady and said, "My mom really needs some wine right now."
Has your kid ever said anything to embarrass you?