There's nothing wrong with having a little fun and playing a joke or two on the fam for April Fools' Day, but when it comes to our kids, there is definitely a fine line between making them laugh and making them cry.
Sure ... it would be sort of on the funny side to tell them you're jetting off to Disney World when they wake up on April 1 -- but when you tell them it's not really happening, be prepared for the tantrum of all tantrums.
But there are a few cute ways you can still have a little fun with them without scarring them for life or doing any sort of permanent damage.
Here are 10 harmless April Fools' pranks kids will get a kick out of.
- Place marshmallows on top of the ceiling fan blades, then ask one of the kiddos to flip the switch for you. They'll squeal with delight when it's suddenly raining marshmallows in your living room.
- Turn the milk blue -- or whatever color you choose for that matter. Imagine their surprise when you go to pour it into their cereal -- and it comes out in a bright hue instead of white!
- Eyes inside your fridge: Pick up a pack of those little googly eyes at a craft store and then stick them on all of the items in your refrigerator. They'll go nuts when they open it up in the morning!
- If you have children who are very heavy sleepers, move them to a different bed in the middle of the night so they wake up wondering what the heck is going on.
- Switch the bags inside the cereal boxes so they don't get what they're expecting when they pour. Instead of Cheerios, they'll see Frosted Flakes, and so on and so forth.
- Put toilet paper in their shoes, and when they go to put them on, they'll think their feet grew overnight.
- Before giving them an apple for a snack, poke a couple holes in it and stick gummy worms inside. They'll laugh so hard and love the extra treat.
- Drop a little food coloring on their toothbrushes and watch their eyes widen when they see their teeth change color.
- Turn all of the pictures in the house upside down so they wake up to a backwards world in the morning.
- When you go to lay out their clothes, pick out ones that are a size or two too small. They'll wonder how they grew so fast!
What fun pranks have you pulled on your kids?
Image via mrpolyonymous/Flickr