The following is a post from our sponsor, GoGo SqueeZ.
Between homework, activities, and chores around the house, kids have plenty to do in the afternoon. But that doesn’t mean you can’t carve out a little time for them to have fun and decompress when they get home. So, help them find ways to recharge. At GoGo squeeZ, we’re all about good, old-school, awesome playtime. Here’s our top 10 list of songs that make us want to get up and dance. Hopefully, they’ll inspire you and your family to do the same.
1. “Good Time” (Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen): A total feel-good tune to get the party started. After all, it’s always a good time when you’re bouncing around the room dancing with your kids!
2. “Walk Like an Egyptian” (The Bangles): This '80s classic is a little cheesy, but a lot fun.
3. “Roar” (Katy Perry): Here’s an uplifting, empowering song with a peppy chorus and the kids get to roar like a lion. Everybody wins.
4. “I Gotta Feeling” (The Black Eyed Peas): We dare you not to all jump up and down in sync to this one.
5. "Blitzkrieg Bop" (The Ramones): It’s unpronounceable but SO danceable. Get revved up and ready to go!
6. "Hey Ya!" (OutKast): You all need a little clapping in your afternoon. And to shake it like a Polaroid picture.
7. “Dynamite” (Taio Cruz): He heard you came to dance, dance, dance, dance. So hit the floor ‘cause that’s your plans, plans, plans, plans.
8. “Don’t Stop the Party” (Pitbull): Starting to feel a lull, don’t stop the party!
9. “Walking on Sunshine” (Katrina & The Waves): Are you walking on sunshine? And don’t it feel good?!
10. “ABC” (The Jackson 5): Dancing -- it's easy as, 1 2 3, as simple as do re mi.
Even 15 minutes of movement will help kids unwind from the day and feel better about themselves. For even more playful after-school activities, check out the GoGo squeeZ Playlist! After all, we’re not just applesauce, we’re awesomesauce!
What does your family do to unwind after school?