My kids head back to school tomorrow, a fact which is completely bittersweet to me. Though part of me is ready to get back into the school routine, I will miss the lazy days of summer; the kids' freckled faces, highlighted hair and late nights with no consequence. There really is nothing like summer. There are, however, some things I won't miss ...
More from The Stir: 10 Things My Children Have Ruined
1. The towels. Six towels completely fill up my washing machine, so that means during the summer I do approximately 263,512,365 loads of laundry. At least.
2. The sand. Pretty sure I'll still be unearthing it come January.
3. The sunscreen battle. Every two freaking hours.
4. The bugspray. "It's in my mouth!" "It smells" "Yuck" and then if it's not applied ...
5. The mosquitoes. Followed by the itching of mosquitoe bites. Followed by bloody scabs and band-aid wrappers littering the house.
6. The pressure to be outside. Vegging in front of the TV just seems wrong when it's a perfect pool day. And you know what I love? Vegging in front of the TV.
7. The clothes. Bring on the jeans and sweaters now, please. I can't wait to put my summer dresses into hibernation.
8. RAINBOW LOOM! Please tell me this was just a summer trend. Please.
9. The pool. My kids love the pool. I love my kids. But five hours at the pool and them fighting me to leave? I don't love that so much.
10. The daily ice cream. Well, I'll miss it, but my certainly ass won't.
Image via Scary Mommy