I love being a mother of just one kid. We have an only child because it works for our family (and if you have more because it works for your family, that's great ... I'm not here to get into a pissing match with you about family size). But every once in awhile, I'll be sitting with a friend of more than one kid and realize there is a whole world out there I will never experience, a world that's widely considered part and parcel of motherhood.
Take "momisms" for example. It wasn't until I started hanging out with friends with more kids that I realized I will never say a good portion of the "classic sayings" of moms everywhere!
Take a look:
1. Don't hit your brother!
2. Because you're older, and you should know better!
4. It's all good fun until someone loses an eye.
5. I don't care who started it! YOU end it.
6. But your little brother looks up to you!
7. Stay out of your sister's room!
8. You two, stop talking, and go to SLEEP!
9. You can only go to the mall if you take your sister with you.
10. I'm running out for 10 minutes. Watch your brother for me.
11. You kids are driving me crazy!
12. I do NOT love your brother more.
13. When your sister was your age, she never did this kind of thing!
14. Why can't you just take turns?
15. Who drew on this wall?
How about you? Are there momisms you don't say because of the number of kids you have?
Image by Jeanne Sager