OMG. You aren't going to be able to stand the cuteness after hearing about a 5-year-old girl who called 911 to save her mom's life when she started choking on a chip.
Kerry Olson says she believes the chip covered her windpipe, and she wound up coughing and choking because she could not get any air. And that's when little Chloe Olson realized her mommy needed helped -- so she picked up the phone and dialed 911.
Her actions are already amazing enough given her young age -- but just wait until you hear the actual call, and who Chloe thought was there helping her on the other end of the line.
Aww! She really thought she was talking to her Daddy! My heart melted after hearing her sweet little voice, and when she said, "Love you, bye!" at the end of the call, I just wanted to squeeze her. What a doll baby.
And how about that YouTube 911 song the fire department played at school that her parents credit with her knowing what to do in the event of an emergency? I've never heard it before, but it's probably something we should all play for our kids for sure. So many of us assume that as long as our children are with us, they're perfectly safe. But have you ever thought about what they'd do if something were to happen that made us unable to care for them? Would they know who to call or where to turn for help?
Showing my son how to use our land line and my cellphone to call 911 has been on my list of things to do for months now, but after hearing Chloe's story, I think I'll make it a priority and teach him this weekend rather than putting it off any longer.
This little girl is certainly a hero, and it's obvious that her parents are doing an amazing job raising a child who is happy, secure, and knows not to panic when trouble arises. And on another very sweet note, it's clear that her Daddy is her hero -- even though she's the one who saved the day this time around!
Do your kids know what to do in an emergency like this?
Image via CBSNewYork