There's nothing like spending a beautiful weekend with our loved ones. And with a bevy of sunny, blue sky spring days to look forward to, it's time to start planning how to enjoy 'em to the utmost. Sure, there are tons of summer activities we make time on the calendar for year after year -- hitting the beach, joining the pool -- but who says we have to wait 'til after Memorial Day to get the fun started?
Here, 12 springtime must-dos sure to make for amazing memories for your whole family ...
- Stage a fun family photo shoot - Take pics in your favorite park, lake, or even the backyard.
- Have a picnic - Maybe after the photo shoot?
- Check out cherry blossoms - Head to the nearest place where you can spot these majestic spring flowers. Although D.C. is the #1 hot spot for spying cherry blossoms, San Fran, Brooklyn, and Macon, Georgia also boast 'em.
- Plant a garden together - You'll foster one another's green thumbs and set up some delicious eats for a few months from now!
- Take a field trip to a farm - To learn how crops grow and visit the animals.
- Hike in a forest preserve - To check out and maybe photograph everything that's budding and blooming.
- Learn to sail - There's nothing like getting out on the water on a perfect 70-something degree day.
- Make your own kites and go fly 'em - Hit the park on a day when the wind is juuust right, and take a colorful kite to the skies.
- Clean up your grill and have your first BBQ - Nothing like the first burgers and dogs of the season. Yum!
- Volunteer for a community spring cleanup - Spring cleaning can be fun and for a good cause!
- Play softball - Rev up for baseball season with a little game of catch.
- Feed the ducks at a pond - Or try to spy turtles or other animals who are just now coming out of hibernation!
What are some must-do activities you've planned with your family this spring?
Image via YuryImaging/shutterstock