I realize that even before I had kids, I had my own set of quirks. But now that I've got four children, I seem to have gotten a little weirder.
Or as I like to call it, "innovative."
Maybe it's the hormones or the lack of sleep or just that I need to do these things in order to make it through my day without losing my mind. Here, 7 weird things that I do now that I'm a mom.
- I carry my deodorant in my purse: Yes, I've found that if I put it anywhere else, even in the bathroom, I don't remember to put it on. And trust me, it's better this way.
- I save the sandwich crusts and eat them as my lunch: I'm not really a crust cutter, but when I do cut them off, I'll save them in a plastic bag and pack them for myself. Waste not, want not, right?
- I write emails on the toilet: Sometimes, when my kids are home and watching a television show, I'll lock myself in the bathroom and check my email. I'm not the only one, right?
- I wear the same clothes two days in a row: I figure that if I spent the time putting together an outfit and it looks good, why not get the most use out of it as I can?
- I share towels with my kids: If a towel is hanging in my bathroom, I use it. I mean, we're already sharing germs, so what's a shared towel?
- I chew gum instead of brush my teeth in the morning: This is probably one of the more embarrassing things I do now, but sometimes I just forget to brush my teeth, so I pop some gum in my mouth. I'm thinking it's better than nothing.
- I will drink old, cold coffee any time of day: It doesn't matter how long my coffee has been sitting out during the day, I will drink it. I realize it doesn't take that much to walk over to my microwave and heat it up, but I guess I'm just that lazy.
What weird things do you do now that you're a mom?