A family camping trip is the perfect way to reacquaint your family with fresh air and wide open spaces after being cramped up together inside for so long. And when the sun goes down and the campfire starts roaring, what better way to enjoy the evening than with campfire games?
Here's the complete list of campfire games you need to make a camping getaway worth it:
1. Glow Stick Ring Toss -- Leave it to blogger Momma Did It to come up with a way to keep the games going at night. She turns glow sticks into rings for a rousing game of ring toss 'round the campfire!
2. Glow in the Dark Bubbles -- More day-time fun turned nocturnal comes from Crafts 4 Boys, who uses traditional bubble mix with an "interesting" twist at night.
3. Flashlight Tag -- Played just like the real thing, only you don't touch people with your hands -- you hit 'em with a beam of light!
4. Charades -- You can play the real thing using the campfire light to illuminate your body or get really creative and make shadows in the light of the fire.
5. Ladder Ball -- This is a game better played in the day, but it's fun for all ages. The folks at This Old House explain how to build your own "ladder" out of PVC pipe.
6. Tape Ball -- A game that's great for keeping kids busy, this comes from I'm a Young Women's Leader Now What. She suggests creating a "ball" of tape with prizes in each layer. Players with the ball remove tape as fast as they can, keeping the prizes, while their opponents roll dice to claim the ball as their own.
7. Scavenger Hunt -- Get them out exploring the woods around your campsite with a hunt designed around the area you're visiting.
8. I Spy Nature Style -- What do you spy with your little eye? A pine tree, a squirrel ...
9. Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest -- All you need is one watermelon and plenty of spitters for a night of fun.
10. Stargazer Stories -- See who can tell the wildest story about what's going on in the night sky.
What are your favorite campfire games?