Look how heavy my backpack is!I know that school is important -- you have to learn to write, read, and do math! -- but sometimes you really need a nice long break. Now I know that you are going to think, "Oh you already have weekends and spring break and winter break!"
But weekends should be longer, and I can give you 10 good reasons why schools should let kids have a three-day weekend!
1. More time to get ready for the school week! School projects and studying for tests take a lot of time, so the more time kids have to prepare, the better they'll do.
2. Less stress! With more time off, kids won't be like, "Oh no, tomorrow is already school!" Parents too!
3. CRANKY! Everybody's cranky on Monday because you always think that your weekend was too short.
4. Family time. Family is ALSO something very important!
5. A better education. Yes, that's right! Kids will feel more energized because our weekends felt long and fun and we are not cranky!
6. Also teachers would have more time to learn the new topics for the next class!
7. If kids have homework on the weekends, then it will give them a good opportunity to do their weekend homework. Kids would also have more time to practice their instruments on the weekend!
Me at the Metropolitan Museum of Art!
8. Kids can go to different educational places, like a museum -- so it's like you are on a class field trip, but with just you!
9. Fewer sick days. If you are sick, you won't be absent, because it seems like people are only sick in the beginning or the end of the week.
10. If you took a vote, I bet the majority of people would vote for a THREE-DAY WEEKEND!
The moms at The Stir desperately needed a day off so we decided to let our kids help us write The Stir today -- find out more about them in their blogger profiles and see what they are writing about at Kids Takeover. Happy April Fools! :)