On a crisp autumn day, there's nothing like curling up on the couch with a fall-themed picture book to savor the season. Especially since the fall features such spectacular scenery and so many super-fun activities for kids and families: From jumping in piles of colorful leaves to picking apples and exploring pumpkin patches, it's (one of) the most wonderful times of the year!
Before you head to the library, check out our list of 8 awesome fall-themed children's books.
1. Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
This beautiful book is like taking a walk through the woods in late October!
2. Leaves by David Ezra Stein
A silly young bear can't figure out why the leaves won't stick back on the trees!
3. By the Light of the Harvest Moon by Harriet Ziefert
The warm colors of an October sunset brought to life in dreamy pastel illustrations.
4. The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger
What happens after a leaf falls off the tree? It's quite a dramatic journey ...
5. Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia Rawlinson
Fletcher the fox doesn't know what to think about the changing seasons!
6. Bear Has a Story to Tell by Phillip C. Stead
All of Bear's friends are too busy getting ready for the cold weather to listen to his story (but don't worry, everything turns out okay).
7. Every Autumn Comes the Bear by Jim Arnosky
The same furry fellow makes a pre-hibernation visit to a family farm each year.
8. The Little Scarecrow Boy by Margaret Wise Brown
You can't go wrong with this cute story by the author of Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny.
Image via Amazon