Last week, I wrote about the ways puppies are harder than kids. I was called deplorable, sick, and vicious ... among other things. Yikes, people!
Well, even for me, having a dog isn't all bad. In fact, I do have a few reasons I'm rather fond of it ...
1. The kids occasionally climb into the dog crate and the house has never been more peaceful.
2. I finally found something to do with all of those single socks I've acquired ... chew toys!
3. People are friendlier to you when you have a dog verses a child. Really.
More from The Stir: Dog Rescues Newborn Baby After He Was Left in the Woods to Die
4. No more vacuuming the floor after dinner. A dog provides built-in leftover cleanup.
5. A dog forces you to be a morning person. Or at least be a night person who's awake at the crack of dawn.
6. You are greeted with a wagging tail and happy face. Always.
7. The kids have a constant playmate. I'm sure the dog loves tea parties and dress-up!
8. Your kids will pick up their toys, knowing if they don't, they will become dog toys.
9. You'll have hours of built-in amusement. Who needs TV when you can watch a dog wrestle with her toy bear for 45 minutes?
10. You have a dog. And the house really isn't the same without one.
Image via Scary Mommy