When it comes to kids, there is one things moms will always do better than dads: give birth. Okay, okay, so moms are also the best for snuggling, making boo-boos feel better, and just giving oodles and oodles of hugs and kisses. That's not to say dads don't do any of that, moms are just naturally better at it.
But nature's all about balance, right? So that means there's a boatload of things that dads are pretty good at too. And I don't just mean the stereotypical gender stuff like tossing a baseball or mowing the lawn. No. I'm talking about things that are critical to shaping a young fertile mind. Here's a look at 10 Things Dads Do Better Than Moms:
- Farting. Everybody does it so stop rolling your eyes and pretending you don't. Breaking wind is a rite of passage for kids and dads have no problem teaching their youngins this fine art.
- Sleeping in. Kids love to get up early. Thankfully dad's around to teach them the beauty of sleeping in on the weekends.
- Making game time decisions. Moms always bring lists with them when they go grocery shopping and apparently that actually works. But dads love to show kids that, sometimes, you just need to wing it and ignore the list, bringing home a large barrel of cheese balls and a six-pack of Yoo-Hoo.
- Ignoring screams. Call it patience. Call it selective hearing. Dads are masters at letting their kids scream and whine about something without even responding. Timeframe is doubled if a baseball game's on TV.
- Producing really cool sound effects. Whether it's a vroom, vrooom with some Hot Wheels cars or a Kerpow Kerpow with a laser gun, dads are actually born with an extra muscle in their mouth to help them create kid-style sounds.
- Going out to dinner.. Mom may be a master in the kitchen, but no one grabs the family and heads for takeout faster and better than dear ol' dad.
- Giving your kids vitamin D. With all that sunscreen moms put on their kids, they may as well be wearing overcoats. Dads just lather on a little bit here and there to make sure kids get enough vitamin D from the sun. Sunburns are unfortunately an annoying side effect.
- Writing your name in the snow. This one really only works for boys, but in those cold, wintry months, dads are great at showing their sons how to write their names in the snow.
- Creating laundry. Moms may be good at routinely washing, drying, and folding everyone's clothes, but without dad's ability to spontaneously generate loads of extra dirty clothes on the spot, there wouldn't be that much laundry for mom to do in the first place.
- Making stains. Think your kids are just naturally messy eaters? Uh uh. They learned to spill spaghetti sauce on the couch from the master of disaster himself.
What do you think dads are better at doing than moms?
Image via Vanessa/Flickr