One of the best things about having kids is re-living all the good stuff from your own childhood. The stuff you had to give up because you grew up, but really, you weren't ready to. The stuff that you enjoy even more the second time around. Stuff like this:
1. Trampolines. Not only are they actually really fun, but they are quite a workout, too. A word to the wise: Use the bathroom first. Our bladders are not what they used to be.
2. Ice Cream. While I never totally stopped eating ice cream, I sort of lost the joy in it. Seeing my kids light up at the mere prospect of visiting the ice cream store or the sound of the ice cream truck brought it all back. Bring on the rainbow sprinkles.
3. Building Sand Castles. Having a purpose on the beach really is more fun than just laying in the sun. Digging and building and decorating while getting a tan? Sign me up.
4. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. I don't think I had a PB&J for 20 years until Lily was a toddler. OMG, those things are delicious! And, don't even get me started on PB & Fluff. Pure heaven.
5. Art Projects. I think I enjoy the painting and sculpting and coloring more than my kids. Which is fine, since I usually end up finishing their projects anyway.
6. Barbie Dolls. I will admit to sneaking into my daughter's room and rearranging her Barbie Dream House. What? It needs to be cleaned!
7. Kids TV. Did you know that Jem and The Holograms is back on TV? So are The Smurfs and The Flintstones and The Jetsons. And, they're even better this time.
8. Fireflies. There's something so magical about catching bugs that glow.
9. Sugar Cereal. I don't let my kids eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Fruit Loops, but I really love having a valid excuse to buy it.
10. Kraft Mac & Cheese. The blue box really is that good.
What are YOU loving rediscovering?
Image via Scary Mommy