Easter for kids means coloring or decorating Easter eggs in some manner, does it not? Well, Easter Sunday 2011 is April 24, and parents, that would be THIS Sunday.
Not ready with the pretty colored eggs yet? No worries -- we've rounded up some fantastic and unique DIY Easter Egg Decorating Ideas, so you and your kids can make some extra-special eggs for the holiday.
5 Fantastic New Ways to Decorate Easter Eggs
Here's a fun roundup of DIY Easter Egg Decorating Ideas you and your kids can use together.
1. If you don't care for the smell of vinegar, however nostalgic, try using these super-easy recipes for Handmade Fruit & Vegetable Easter Egg Paints from Meyamo. Lovely and all natural!
2. Got a stitch-happy kid? Then why not take on these tricky but gorgeous Cross-Stitch Easter Eggs (via Sublime Stitching). Take a peek over at Hand Dyed Fibers to see the secret as to how this is done. Hint: Very carefully.
3. How adorable are these Papier-Mache Easter Eggs by not martha? So fun, festive, and fillable too -- so get out the yummy Easter chocolates and jelly beans!
4. Love the clean and colorful look of these Star-Specked Easter Eggs by Botanical PaperWorks, whose idea can be used to include all kinds of sticker shapes. Also very cool -- their plantable paper, which can be used as eco-friendly Easter grass and then planted!
5. If you want wild and colorful eggs this year, then try some Tie-Dyed Easter Eggs (not pictured) from Crafting a Green World.
How are you decorating your Easter eggs this year?